Thursday, June 27, 2019

Review: Smokin' Seventeen

Smokin' Seventeen Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Stephanie has a lot on her plate. She finds herself checking in for work in Mooner’s RV since the office was mysteriously blown up. Business isn’t going so great either. She manages to catch the only FTA’s left in the system while Vinnie scrambles to find a way to drum up business while the office is being rebuilt. During all of this, somebody is leaving dead bodies on the empty lot where the office used to be. They even addressed a few of them to Stephanie.
I enjoyed this book very much. Any book that has Mooner in it is just a fantastic book to me. He is one of my all-time favorite characters. I wouldn’t consider him a book boyfriend, but he would definitely be someone I’d want to hang out with all the time. He’d be one of my best friends! But I’m moving off the point. I was also proud of myself because I figured out who did it before it was officially announced! It’s a great feeling. I can’t even begin to explain it.
The characters are as amazing as they always are. I have to be honest; I don’t like the decline I’m seeing with Grandma Mazur and Lula. It seems they are kind of fading into the background a bit. I didn’t see much of their energetic and outgoing personalities in this book. Maybe it was just overshadowed by all the events happening. I’ll see with the rest of the series! I love these characters so much. Especially Mooner. I brought up book boyfriend’s earlier. All I can say is Ranger definitely fits into that category.
I fully recommend this book. I have to state that this is the seventeenth book in a series. While they could all be read by themselves, it’s just better to read as a series. I would love to watch this as a television series one day! I know they made the first book into a movie. I loved it! I just think it would be a great television series. I’d make a point to watch every single episode!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment