Thursday, June 20, 2019

Review: Hoodwinked

Hoodwinked Hoodwinked by Beth Hendrix
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Gwen is just your average hunter. She goes around eliminating the paranormal beings that are causing problems with the humans. That is until her help is requested for a situation in Florida where many children are turning up missing. Something happens while she’s investigating that will change her life forever.
I really enjoyed this story very much. Gwen was super relatable. The story was amazing as well. However, the story wasn’t perfect. I really wish that the story was longer. I wish things had been prolonged a little bit more. Many scenes could have been enhanced. The other thing I had a slight issue with I’m kind of on the fence about. I normally don’t really get comfortable with the intense lust thing, but in this book it works. It’s hard to explain. But I feel like it’s part of the new her.
The characters are pretty amazing. I loved them all. I wish that some of the secondary characters played bigger roles. I will admit I got a bit confused with the names here and there. Except Gwen. I really love the name Gwen. And she was awe inspiring! I feel like she would be up in my top favorite characters. Right up there with Zoey Redbird and Rose Hathaway!
The narrator did a fantastic job with this one, but I really didn’t think she could do a bad job. This is not my first book that I’ve heard of Sarah Puckett. It won’t be the last either. I love her as a narrator. She just has this smooth voice I want to listen to for hours. I probably could to. Heck, I listened to this book in one sitting! If you haven’t heard anything by this narrator, you need to do so!
I really enjoyed this book. My mother and sister both read the book last year and they LOVED it. It’s been on my pile of books to read for a long time. I’m glad I’ve finally read it. I stumbled across this author at a readers’ convention in July of last year and I am so glad I did. I can’t wait to read more books by her!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment