Saturday, April 6, 2019

Dewey's Readathon: Getting To Know You Survey



1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

I am from Georgia. Which is in the United States. I was born and raised here.

2. Which book in your stack are you looking most forward to?

I have a confession. I forgot about the readathon until this morning. Well, I didn't forget about it fully. I just didn't realize it was going to get here so quickly. I didn't have time to make a TBR, but I don't really make them anymore anyways. Too much pressure to read and if I don't read as much as I feel I should have due to the impossible stack I made myself, I get depressed. But I am looking forward to making a dent in the two books I'm currently reading. The Passage and City Of The Lost.




On the off chance I actually finish both of these before the 24 hours is up, I'll be continuing the sequels for City Of The Lost. 

3. What snack are you most looking forward to?

I think I'm most looking forward to the boiled peanuts I inadvertently got to just kind of veg out this weekend. Turns out my subconscious had my back in prepping for this readathon after all! 

4. Tell us a little something about yourself. 

Well, to start with, I'm an Empath. I don't have many people in my life because I'm super shy and most people take that for snobbery. I love to read and have read for as long as I can remember. I'm also very fascinated with crime shows. 

5. If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what's one thing you'll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I have participated in quite a few of these. In fact, Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon is what got me into readathons in the first place. It introduced me to an amazing community that I'm so blessed to have found. I can't recall if I participated in the last one exactly. I've taken a hiatus on readathons for the past several months. However, I can say the biggest thing I'll do is not take it as seriously as I have the past several times. The goal is to read and have fun. That's the important part to me. In previous readathons, I'd get down on myself because people would have read 2-5 books in a short amount of time and I would barely be halfway through one. But everybody reads at their own speeds. I need to remember that. I don't want to lose my love of reason for anything. 


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Feel free to answer these questions in the comments if you want! I also fully encourage you to follow my blog! I don't have a steady schedule, but I will post blogs on here. They are personal to me and mean a lot to me. I invite you to read the rest of my blogs in this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment