Sunday, June 16, 2019

Review: The Exodus

The Exodus The Exodus by Ali Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The balance is shifting at a rapid pace. Reapers are disappearing at a rapid speed. Nobody has any idea what’s going on. Many things are happening all at once. Sacrifices are needed to be made to keep the balance in order. The hunters and reapers have decided it would be in the best interest of all if they worked together to maintain the balance. Through it all, Nivian and Kain work to figure out what their relationship is and why they always yearn to be near each other.
I was totally into this story from the very beginning. This is book two in the series. I loved the first book. If I had more time, I could have listened to both books all in one sitting. Alas, the daily lives in which we lead makes it almost impossible for me to finish anything in one sitting. It happens now and then, but not often. But yeah if I could choose it at will, this would be one of those series. I can just tell this is going to be a series I read repeatedly.
The characters. Where do I even begin with the characters? They were so easy to connect with. I loved and adored all the “good” characters”. I wanted all the best for all of them. I wanted justice served for all the characters that betrayed them! But at the same time, I felt so bad for the bad ones. They didn’t seem evil. It’s more like they were confused and had things wrong. They misunderstood. I can’t say more than that without giving it away.
The narration was terrific. I loved the personalities the narrator gave to this story. If I’m not mistaken, she did the first book too. She did fantastic with that one as well. I’m not sure if I’ve listened to her do any other books, but I’ll definitely be interested in listening to more of her work. She has great talent. She sucked me into the story more than I already was. And that says a lot!
Overall, I really enjoyed the story. My emotions were all over the place with these characters! I can’t wait to dive into the third book! I fully recommend this book. Especially if the reader enjoys a nice paranormal story. It has some romance in it, but it’s clean. I loved it!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment