Thursday, June 20, 2019

Review: New Orleans Rush

New Orleans Rush New Orleans Rush by Kelly Siskind
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Beatrice flees from her home when a loan shark demands she pays her father’s debts. She finds herself in New Orleans with her boyfriend who ditches her the moment somebody asks him out. Finding herself alone and homeless without money, she goes to a bar and gets drunk. She winds up keying a car that she thinks is her boyfriend. Turns out it’s a magician named Huxley’s. She goes to work for him to pay off the damages to his car.
I enjoyed this book very much. I felt I could relate to the story in many ways. I find that I really enjoy many stories that take place in New Orleans. It’s a magical city to me one day that I hope to visit. But I digress. I do have some minor issues with the story. There were a few things that weren’t really closed properly in my opinion. I can’t divulge too much because I don’t want to spoil the book for any. But I’d of loved to get conclusions on them.
The characters were great. They were very easy to connect with. There were some behaviors they had that I couldn’t really get behind, but that’s just because I’m not used to that type of behavior. I also wish the brothers played a bigger part in the story than they did. Actually, I wish quite a few characters had a more prominent role. There was still a great connection with all of them.
The narrator did a terrific job. She gave all the characters a wonderful personality that intensified the story. Not that it really needed much of that. It was a great story to begin with, but still. It was wonderful how much flair she added to the story.
Overall, I really enjoyed this story. It was amazing. The characters were realistic and easy to connect with. The story was easy to move along with. There was something that happened in the background that I would love to see in more light as its own story. Maybe the author has already considered that. We shall see. I fully recommend it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment