Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Review: Holding on to Hurt

Holding on to Hurt Holding on to Hurt by Charlotte Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Despite the few problems I have with this story, I give it full stars. I wish there were a few things that were explained more and gone into more detail about, but it didn't kill the story. The story was so beautifully written and heart-wrenching. It was hard not to get caught up in the feels. I was a little disappointed with the ending. I won't talk about it due to the obvious spoiler reason. I was just hoping they would go into more detail than they did. It wasn't major though. I still loved it.

The narrator did a pretty amazing job too. I feel like she intensified the feelings in the book with how she narrated. She definitely kept me wanting to hear more and more. There were several times where I had to stop it but really didn't want to because I wanted to just keep on listening! I fully recommend this. Just realize that it's not a happy go lucky book. It's very heavy but very beautiful.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment