Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Review: Nectar and Ambrosia

Nectar and Ambrosia Nectar and Ambrosia by E.M. Hamill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My boyfriend and I listened to this together. I was originally intending to listen to it alone, but I listened to it for a bit without headphones and he loved what he was hearing. We started it over so we could hear it all together. Therefore, I'm giving him permission to have this review on his page. Especially since we are writing it together.

He feels that it was incredible that the only actual god in the book was Hera. The rest of the gods aren't actually gods. They are aliens. He felt that made the story very unique. I loved the take on the whole thing. It reminded me of two series that I have read before that I rather enjoyed.

The story was the perfect balance of serious and suspenseful and hilarious. There was romance in it, but it didn't overshadow the actual point of the story. That's really refreshing. It was a very clean book. I think that's something my boyfriend liked best of all!

Overall, we fully recommend. I'm not sure if I've listened to this narrator before, but either way, she was fantastic! I was very impressed with her. I believe my boyfriend was too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment