Sunday, December 15, 2019

Review: Twisted Twenty-Six

Twisted Twenty-Six Twisted Twenty-Six by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Grandma Maazur has gotten married! Sadly, her husband has a heart attack and dies during their honeymoon. Her husband? A famous mobster in the Burg. He was also the holder of keys that held a fortune. Now that he's gone, everybody assumes that Grandma has the keys, and everybody wants the keys and the fortune for themselves!

I really enjoyed this book quite a lot. It feels like the book had a bit of a final air about it. I'm not sure if this series has come to a close or if I'm just reading too much into it. The book starts the exact same way the first book did. I found that a little ironic. It may have also sparked my suspicion of this being the final book. I want to make it very clear that I'm okay with it either way. I'd like to see the series continue, but all good things must come to an end eventually.

I was floored by the change in behaviorisms with Stephanie's mom and grandma. They weren't good or bad changes. They just acted differently. Stephanie acted a bit differently as well. One of the things that gets under my skin is it seems every other book she's contemplating leaving her job. I guess I shouldn't be so harsh. We all have those moments with our line of work. It just gets frustratingly repetitive.

This was a pretty intense and amazing book. Just like the rest of the series. I really enjoyed it a lot. I can't believe I've finally caught up with this series. I didn't really think I would ever catch up in all honesty. I thought I'd constantly just try to figure out where I left off. I'm glad I reread before picking back up on the series. It really did me a lot of good. So now, I'm either saying goodbye to this series or waiting for the next book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment