Thursday, December 26, 2019

Review: The Secret Commonwealth

The Secret Commonwealth The Secret Commonwealth by Philip Pullman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Many years have passed since Lyra went on her journey through many worlds. Her and Pantalimon have become estranged for some reason. She has grown into a lovely young woman. She is very content with her life. Until everything she knows is gone and life as she knows it is thrown upside down.

It is with a heavy heart that I say I find myself disappointed with this book. I know that sounds insane as I'm giving this a full star rating. The thing is, it's a very well written story. I enjoyed it very much. The disappointment is because I am so sad about what's going on with Lyra and Pantalimon. These are two of my favorite characters of all time. I am sad that things aren't going well for them.

I fell in love with Lyra and Pantalimon in the His Dark Materials trilogy. They were feisty and strong-willed. It was beautiful. The trilogy became one of my favorite trilogies of all time. We meet Malcolm in the first book of this trilogy. He's an amazing man as well. He was an amazing child too. I would have liked to see more of him in this book.

This ended on a cliffhanger. I was so frustrated by that. Especially since I don't know when the final book of the trilogy will be released. I mean, to be fair, this book was released last month. So I knew I'd have to wait. I was just hoping I wouldn't have to be cliff hung as I waited. I would really love an hour of this author's time. His writing is incredible!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment