Friday, December 13, 2019

Review: Ryan

Ryan Ryan by A.S. Kelly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ryan is betrayed by the love of his life and his brother. He swears off love. He also decides not to get close to anybody. He chooses to be an asshole over letting anybody else in. That is until he meets Christina. Christina is a single mom who owns a cafe. She is passionate about what she does and loves the people in her life.

I really enjoyed this book a lot. I love when books have characters do a complete personality change. It makes the book worth reading. If I said this was a favorite book or that I'd be rereading it, that would be a lie. There wasn't really anything I didn't like about it too much. Well, nothing that was worth ranting over.

The characters are where I really wasn't fully in love with. I didn't really have any connection with either of the two main leads. It got a bit frustrating hearing them sometimes. I mean I guess that's the point sometimes. You have to hate them in order to love their transformation. I also recognize that this is a personal opinion and not an actual reflection on the characters.

I really liked the narrators. Their voices were just so authentic to the narrative. I wish I could remember their names to add to the review. I believe they did the narration from the first book as well. I was kind of intrigued by a word they kept adding an e at the end of. I'd never heard it with that pronunciation before. It was a nice change though.

I really did enjoy this book a lot. It wasn't as great as the first book, but it was great in its own way. I can't say I will add it to my favorites list, but I can't say I hated it either. I do hope that there are more books in the series. I am curious to see how the story ends. It didn't really end in a way that provokes a continuation, but who knows?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment