Thursday, December 26, 2019

Review: Queenie

Queenie Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Queenie's world has been turned upside down. Her boyfriend of three years has kicked her out. Her performance at work has majorly declined. Her friends are starting to lose their patience with her. With everything hitting her at once, she goes into a downward spiral.

I didn't really fully get into this book until about the halfway point. It was kind of frustrating. I felt such a disconnect from the story. I can honestly say that I did love the openness of the actual current events in the book. I'm glad I stuck with it though. It wound up ending very beautifully. It was impossible not to be thrilled for Queenie.

During the first half of the book, I really couldn't connect with Queenie at all. I didn't really care for any of the character's attitudes. They really weren't helping Queenie at all. The only one I liked from the very beginning was Queenie's friend from school. I don't want to misspell it. She was real and she was bold. I loved it! Once I realized that Queenie is disconnected because she's disconnected from herself, it helped me like and understand her better. I even started to related to her.

I've been wanting to read this book for a very long time. I was very excited when our book club decided to read it for this month's book. We'll be discussing the book this Sunday. I'm looking forward to it. For those who can't really get into the book, in the beginning, I fully encourage them to keep reading. It's worth it in the end. Especially for those readers who love a great HEA!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment