Thursday, December 26, 2019

Review: The Risk

The Risk The Risk by Callie Rose
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Harlow has been beside herself with grief. Somebody has murdered a girl she didn't get along with at her school and framed her mother. While trying to find the truth, she stumbles upon the real killer, putting herself and her four boys in danger. She must decide whether to continue trying to free her mother or let it go and keep her and those she loves alive.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the entire trilogy. I didn't love it at first, but I stuck with it and wound up falling in love about halfway through the first book. I'm so glad I stuck with it. It got so much better. I loved how everything came together very neatly in the end. But the author definitely kept me on edge to up to the very end!

I really loved how connected I felt to Harlow. She is just this strong-willed and passionate young lady. She knew what she wanted, but she also cared about what others wanted as well. She tried to stay strong, but she was able to admit her weaknesses. Her four boys were pretty amazing too. Once one got through their exterior walls. I'm sad that I'm done with the trilogy and won't' read about these again. I'd of loved to see more with her mom and her best friend.

I was very impressed with Amanda Stribling. Not only in this book but the entire trilogy. It was like she pulled the emotions from the characters out and claimed them as her own. Especially where Harlow was concerned. I loved it. It's a quality that I love seeing with narrators. I love the life that narrators can bring to books. It helps me enjoy reading when I can't actually read.

I really did love this book. I loved the entire trilogy. I recommend reading the entire trilogy in order. It is definitely not one that can be read out of order. I also want to warn that it will catch a reader in their feels. There were parts in the book where my heart was beating so hard! I can't even begin to explain it. I was as afraid as Harlow. I'm sure of it!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment