Saturday, December 14, 2019

Review: Rush: A Black Hearts Still Beat Prequel

Rush: A Black Hearts Still Beat Prequel Rush: A Black Hearts Still Beat Prequel by L.A. Cotton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Eva is shocked to find out that her best friend, Molly, signed her up for a famous country music competition. She doesn't expect to win the competition, but she decides to compete anyway. She wants to try to win the competition so she can use the winnings to help her parents pay off the debt they got in due to her battle with cancer. She finds more than she bargained for at the competition.

I really adored this book. It was just so adorable. It was also humble and beautifully sad. I would give it a hundred stars if I could. There were parts I felt got a bit rushed over, but I think that's just my personal preference. It didn't really hurt the book. I am excited to read the rest of the series. I also want to say how much I LOVE the cover! it's just so catchy!

I really adored Eva. She's a well rounded and mature teenager. Her best friend, Molly, is a sweetheart too. Yes, she loves fun and loves partying, but she's so loyal to Eva. It's refreshing. I was on the fence about the two rock stars. There was one character I didn't like, but I would like to have seen more of him in the story. There was conflict there, but it seemed to fall a little flat. At least it did to me.

Sarah Puckett narrated this book. I can't gush over this narrator enough. I plan to become a narrator myself one day. If I'm half the narrator she is, I will be blessed. She's just so talented. She has a way to bring the story more to life than it already is. She can suck any reader into the emotions of the story and make them feel like the story is surrounding them and enveloping them like a thick blanket. She's absolutely amazing!

This story is a prequel to an upcoming Black Hearts series. I really loved it. I think it's a great start to a series. I can't wait to get into the rest of the series to see if they are as amazing as I feel they are. I've read a few other books by this author. I'm pretty sure they will be and that much more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment