Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Review: Ice

Ice Ice by Amy Cecil
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A tragic accident frees Caden from a life he never wanted, but at a very great cost. Things go downhill from there until he has an opportunity that he's been waiting a lifetime for. This opportunity causes a falling out with Emma, one of the most important women in his life. He thought she was out of his life forever until she shows up at his door asking for his help. Her friend has gone missing and nobody wants to help find her.

I really did enjoy this book greatly. The biggest issue I had was that the beginning was very choppy. There were things that were really glossed over. It was like the author stated what happened and moved on. I don't mean that in a bad way. I actually read Ripper, another book by this author. She's an amazing writer, and the rest of this book shows that. The first part could do a rewrite.

In ways, I really related to Emma. She's down to earth and very observant. She also drives me insane with some of her narrow-minded judgments. I get that she comes around, but still. I did want to tell her to stop being that way sometimes. Caden drove me nuts as well. He could be a great book boyfriend material. He gets set in these ways where he doesn't listen to anybody. It gets frustrating.

I'm going to muse on the fact that there's a possibility that Mark Bravo and Maya Bravo are related in some way. I'd assume that they were married, but people assuming wrongly is never fun. I don't like it when it's done with me. My boyfriend and I are constantly mistaken for brother and sister. Anyway, they were fantastic narrators. I fully intend on listening to other books that these two have narrated.

This book ends on a cliff-hanger. I wanted to warn anybody who might be interested in reading this. I can't stand cliff-hangers and I'm sure I'm not the only reader with this pet peeve. The only time I don't really mind cliff hangers is when I have the next book to grab and read straight away. I've been known to throw books across rooms when they end on a cliff hanger.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment