Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Review: The Cases That Haunt Us

The Cases That Haunt Us The Cases That Haunt Us by John E. Douglas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

From Jack the Ripper to JonBenet Ramsey, this book covers five cases that have been the most talked about and most frustrating. There's also a special chapter that highlights a few other cases that were solved and not.

I really did enjoy reading the book. I learned so many things about these famous cases that I never knew. I even heard theories that I'd never heard before. Like the possibility that Jack the Ripper was a woman. They are all very sad cases. I wish that I had the ability to go through the cases and try to help if I can. Maybe one day I'll go through the proper schooling to be able to.

Normally, I'd give my opinions on the characters. This is a nonfiction book talking about multiple cases. I can say that I'd love to go to lectures and hear talk about these cases and many more cases. It's hard to explain exactly what I'd want to do, but I'm working it out.

I really enjoyed the narrator speaking. He was engaging. The book itself wasn't really boring or hard to understand. If it was though, he would have made it easy to understand. His name is Malcolm Hillgartner.

I really enjoyed this book and I look forward to reading many more books like it as time goes on. There's something powerful about hearing the stories behind the cases. It feels like a call to action to me. Like I should be getting up and doing something to help solve these cases. Maybe some research work in the background. Every role helps, right? Either way, I fully recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment