Friday, December 6, 2019

Review: Sweep in Peace

Sweep in Peace Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Dina is strong-armed into hosting a peace summit in her inn. The thought of what is going to transpire terrifies her. Add that to the fact that a local cop has a gut feeling something is going on. He makes it a point to stake out the area to prove something. Luckily, she has Caldenia to keep her company through it all.

I really enjoyed this book. It was just as good as the first book. It's funny and edgy at the same time. It's hard not to fall in love with the story and the characters. It's hard not to feel the feelings that the characters feel. I own the next two books in the series. I can't wait to dig into them. It's an amazing series. I'll probably look for excuses to reread it a few more times.

Dina is one of my favorite characters of all time. She's sweet but sassy. She doesn't put up with anybody's crap. Caldenia is pretty amazing. An aristocrat who's also a sociopathic killer! She says some of the most off the wall things imaginable. There are many other pretty amazing characters in the story. These are just my favorite two.

I gushed over this narrator in the first of the book. I was very impressed with her. I was just as impressed with her in this book was I was in the first. I may have been more impressed with this one than I was the first. That's saying a lot. Either way, she's great. I hope she narrates the rest of the series. I also look forward to hearing more books narrated by her.

This series fell into my lap. I can't explain it better than that. I'm glad it did though. It's fast-tracking its way up to my favorites list for sure. I'm antsy that the other two books will be just as good as the first two. I'm also antsy to see what they cover. I will find out soon enough. This book is funny. It is also edgy. I love it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment