Sunday, December 1, 2019

Review: Clean Sweep

Clean Sweep Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Dina is an innkeeper. Her job is to offer sanctuary to people from many worlds. For many things, she remains neutral. Her neutrality is challenged when dogs are being killed in her area. The only paranormal she's aware of refuses to acknowledge what she's saying or help. That changes when she takes action herself and keeps a neighbor from getting killed.

I really enjoyed this book. It was just very funny and edgy. It was full of suspense and sarcasm. Two of my favorite things! If I didn't have so much to do today, I'd of devoured the entire book in one sitting. and I almost did. I read it in huge chunks through the day. I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series.

Dina is so sassy. She reminds me of the real sassy one from Designing Women. It's been a long time since I watched the show, so I don't remember the name. The other characters were funny and awesome as well. I just connected with Dina more than I did the rest of them.

Renee Raudman is an excellent narrator. I'm not sure if I have listened to anything before. I definitely will be listening to more books narrated by her though. She has a way of pulling you into the story and making you want more. And I LOVED the southern accent.

I stumbled on the fourth book at random awhile back. I managed to get my hands on it somehow as well. I just KNEW I had to have the rest of the series as well. Due to dumb luck, that became a possibility recently. I began to listen to it immediately. I'm glad I did. I loved this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment