Monday, October 7, 2019

Review: Wake's Claim

Wake's Claim Wake's Claim by Michelle Dare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm going to be completely honest here. I almost put this book down. The beginning of the book got under my skin so much. I just can't even begin to explain it. One of my biggest turn offs with books is the angst stuff that tends to hit lovers at random. Well, mainly when it's been drawn out in the most excruciating and painful way possible. I stuck with the book anyways. I'm glad I did. It really turned around. The only thing I want to critique is that I wish they had drawn out some of the things that happened in the book.

I really adored Paige. In ways, I saw myself in her. She's sweet and loyal. I loved her friend Ari too. Wake is the problem I had with the story. I mean I get that he'd been burned in the past, but COME ON! It was a bit dramatic. All the characters were pretty amazing. Some had too much time in the background for my liking. My favorite was Solomon. He kind of reminded me of Spike from Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Both narrators were pretty great. They made a great duo. I'm not sure if I've listened to anything from Sarah L. Colton before. I feel like I have heard at least one book by Troy Duran though. I can't say for sure. Either way, I'd be willing to hear other books narrated by both of them. They have talent.

The book was really great after I got past the part that was getting under my skin. I'm really glad that I gave it a chance and stuck with it. I fully encourage anybody who struggles with it to stick with it to at least the halfway point. If they still don't like it after that, then they are more than welcome to put it down. They will be missing out though. This book gets great. I see it's a book 1. I'll have to look into the rest of the books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment