Saturday, October 26, 2019

Review: Mission Impawsible

Mission Impawsible Mission Impawsible by Melanie James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kelly and her brother decide to attempt something daring. An accident makes them trigger a spell that frees a cursed bear clan from several centuries before. With the help of her were-bear boyfriend and a few friends, she finds a way to figure out what she did and how to fix it.

I really enjoyed this book. I didn't realize until it was too late that this was the second book in the Karma Inc. Files. I am familiar with The Literal Leigh series so I was familiar with all the characters. It's a very funny book. It has some steamy and sexy parts as well. It enhances the story. I love how the author really just brings a reader into every single part of the story.

I just adore all of the characters! My favorite two are Kelly and Randy. They are just such a sarcastic riot! Gertie is pretty amazing as well. She's just so adorably gullible. I just wish that some of the characters that are in the main series were in this book. I get why they weren't though.

Hollie Jackson was made to narrate this book. I fully believe she was made for the entire series. I think that's why she's one of my favorite narrators of all time. She really sucks you into a story and makes characters' personalities just pop in the best way possible! I really want to get my hands on all of the audiobooks she's ever narrated. I may meet a new author or two that way!

I really did enjoy this book. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I read the first book first. It definitely made me realize that I need to reread the entire Literal Leigh series over again. It's one of my favorite series of all time. It's quirky and adorable. I'll probably wind up reading them a dozen of other times too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment