Friday, October 11, 2019

Review: Married to the Alien Doctor

Married to the Alien Doctor Married to the Alien Doctor by Alma Nilsson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I can't say that I was madly in love with this book, but I can't say I hated it either. It's one of those books that you're intrigued enough to give a chance, but not enough to rave over and deem a favorite. I found the book a bit cringy, but I recognize that it could have been way worse. I expected this book to be fully sexual with a bit of a story mixed in. I was wrong. There are sex scenes in it, but it doesn't overpower the story like I thought it would.

The characters were okay, but they could have used a bit more personality to connect with. For a lack of a better way to describe it, all of the characters were more scientific than personal. I think that's the way they are supposed to be written though. This is supposed to take place in the way distant future. Like thousands of years from now. And the lack of connection could just be me.

I really did enjoy hearing Holly Holt telling this story. She did bring some life into the story. I want to say that I've listened to something of hers before, but I can't say for sure. I'll have to go through the books I've listened to so I know for sure. That will take some time though. Even if I haven't, I'll definitely give books narrated by her a chance in the future.

While I enjoyed this story, I will probably not continue the series. I didn't read the first book, and I probably won't. This story has great potential. I'm sure that it will thrill many readers. It just didn't do it for me. It lacked some things that I felt it needed more of. I am willing to admit that it could have been way worse. I'm glad I gave it a chance. It was adorable and unique. I enjoyed that aspect of it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment