Monday, October 14, 2019

Review: The Lie

The Lie The Lie by Callie Rose
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Harlow's life is thrown upside down as the person that matters most in her world is thrown in prison for a crime she didn't commit. She's betrayed by the boys who she thought would never let her down. She feels helpless on proving her mother's innocence when the only proof she had was deleted by the boys. She has no idea who she can trust. Things seem impossible for her.

I really enjoyed this book. When I started book one, I didn't think I'd enjoy it at all. I thought it would be one cringe fest after another. The type of story that gets parodied if you will. It was recommended to me, though, so I thought why not give it a chance? I'm glad I did. It's way better than I gave it credit for. They say don't judge a book by it's cover. I say it shouldn't be judged by anything other than the story itself. Even genre and blurbs can be deadly.

The characters are just so amazing. We have the amazing Harlow. She's devoted and kind. She is strong willed and know what she wants. We also have the handsome Lincoln. I must say though, what is it about Lincolns in tv shows, movies, and books being so dark and broody? Then we have the intuitive River. River is my favorite. I just adore him. We can't forget the mischievous Dax and Chase. They aren't quite as bad as the Weasley twins, but they are as alluring. I'd of liked to see a bit more of the parents, though. I get why that isn't a thing.

The narrator was pretty great. Her name is Amanda Stribling. She did the first book too if I remember correctly. She knows just how to maximize the emotions felt to make you feel the emotions too. It's a raw talent that many narrators have, but not all. Those that do, quickly become my favorites. I'll definitely be checking out other works by her.

This book is wonderful. I really enjoyed it. It's been an emotional roller coaster for me that I'm glad I took a chance on. I won't say my friend's name in my review, but I do have them to both thank and yell at for recommending this book to me. The yelling part is only because I'm so hooked that I want to dive right into the third book right now. I can't though. Soon though. Very soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment