Saturday, October 26, 2019

Review: The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away The One That Got Away by Charlotte Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Helen is invited to a wedding in Rome. She will be seeing classmates that she hasn't seen in 20 years. Including the one that got away. She struggles with old feelings that come back. She also struggles with self-consciousness about herself and her getting older.

I really enjoyed this story. I honestly thought I was going to hate it in the beginning. It had a lot of Burn Book from Mean Girls vibes. Luckily, I gave it a chance and realized that that's just how they talked. It wasn't a mean girl thing at all. I'm glad I did. This was an incredible and cheesy story. It was very inspirational and unique.

Obviously I really loved Helen. I feel like I related to her in so many ways. I am a very past sentimental being. Her mom and Lori were pretty amazing too. I wish I'd seen more of Rob and Mark. I also wish I'd seen more of 3PO too.

The narrator for this book was Brenda Scott Wlazlo. She did a pretty amazing job. I am very impressed. I'll have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure that I haven't really heard anything else from her before. I could be wrong about that. Either way, I plan to listen to more books by her.

I really did enjoy this story. My first impressions of it were very Mean Girls or cheesy love story. I was wrong. Well, to be fair, it was a cheesy love story, but in a very good way. It was a breath of fresh air. This is one of the best books I've read. I think this might be my favorite book of this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment