Saturday, October 26, 2019

Review: The Deadly Floral Affair

The Deadly Floral Affair The Deadly Floral Affair by K.M. Morgan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Daisy is beyond happy. It's her big day. While she's away on honeymoon, the flower shop owner winds up getting shot. The investigation goes on and many people are interrogated. It's the talk of the town.

I really adored this book. It was cute and quirky. It was a very nice and easy book to read. The only thing I really couldn't understand is the disconnect. I felt like there were two different stories going on. I didn't really figure out why Daisy and her wedding and honeymoon fit into the story until the very end. It was nice to meet her.

I enjoyed reading about the characters. But with the book being so short, I didn't really feel like I connected with any of them. They all seemed very wonderful and it's easy to see the small-town vibes in the story. I get the feeling that this book was a part of a series and that I kind of just dove in not knowing anything about the world or the characters.

I really enjoyed the narrator. I don't think I've listened to anything else by Marilyn Rakes before. I am definitely willing to listen to other books narrated by her. She has this very sweet voice that's calming. I listened to the book with my mom and my boyfriend in the car.

This was a very short and sweet read. All three of us who listened to it enjoyed it very much. I'll have to look into other books by this author and by this narrator. It was well written and well narrated.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment