Sunday, February 2, 2020

Review: The Nowhere Man

The Nowhere Man The Nowhere Man by Gregg Hurwitz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Evan was taken from the orphanage he grew up in at a young age. He was trained to do horrible and unspeakable things for the government. Once his handler died, he left the project and went his own way. His mission was to protect those in trouble from dangerous situations they wanted out of. Everything is fine until he's tracked down. Now he's on the run for his life. He's a loose end that needs to be taken care of.

I'm seriously impressed with this book. I was kind of hesitant when I read the description of the first book, Orphan X. I gave it a chance anyway. In honor of the fifth book coming out this year (January 28th). I'm very glad I did quite frankly. It kind of reads like the Hitman. I also find it similar to the Jane Hawk series. I'm not sure if anybody has heard of that series, but it's good as well.

I still feel a disconnect with all the characters in the novel. I think that's kind of the point. Evan was raised as an assassin. He had no human interaction from anybody from a very young age with the exception of those who used him as a weapon. I realize that his handler tried to keep humanity in him, but one can only hold so much after they've killed many people. I really loved the neighbor chick and her son. She's very intelligent and down to earth. He has a connection with them as well. It's so obvious.

Like the first book, this book is narrated by Scott Brick. I picked up the first book because of time constraints, but I loved his narration so much that I got the second and third books in the series in audiobook as well. I plan to get the last two in the series in audio when I can get my hands on some credits. I also noticed there are some shot novellas that are reasonably priced that I plan to pick up as well. It's amazing how somebody can narrate normally and still add an intense thrill to a book.

I've really enjoyed this series so far. I believe that I will enjoy the rest of the series just as much. I may even enjoy it more. I can't wait to find out. I'm sure there are many things I can compare it to. Not that I like comparing. But it's screamed Hitman at me since I first started reading it. I can't ignore those vibes. It's an amazing read. I will reread it again in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment