Sunday, February 16, 2020

Review: Chemical Attraction

Chemical Attraction Chemical Attraction by Christina Thompson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Madeline notices things being ordered and never delivered. Upon calling other departments in her lab, she discovers they have the same issue as she does. She calls the FBI to get an investigation going. Meanwhile, strange things are occurring around the town. To keep anybody from discovering the investigation, Madeline pretends to date the FBI agent who's assigned to the task.

I enjoyed this story a lot more than I thought I would. At first, I got a completely wrong impression of it. I was completely expecting to be cringing through the entire story. I did cringe but in a good way. This book kept me on edge through the whole thing. I couldn't get enough of it. Anything I guessed was way off. It could have gone into more detail in certain places. I also wish the shock factor would have been amplified a bit. That's just my personal preference though.

There were quite a few characters in this book. Most of them were pretty witty and clever. I really adored Madeline, but there were sometimes she was a bit annoying. She's an intelligent woman who considers herself a scientist, but there are times she comes off a little inexperienced. Her partner was pretty amazing. There was a character in the book I just felt so badly for. I think his name was Simon. I'm not sure. People were cruel to him. I know that much.

This book was narrated by Gary Bennett. This is the first time I've listened to a book narrated by him. He does a pretty good job with the narration. I'd listen to other books narrated by him. I think he has the voice for crime novels and mysteries quite frankly. He may be just as successful in other genres as well.

This book was amazing. It went above and beyond my expectations of it. I started the book thinking it was going to be a cringefest of a story that will be full of predictable moments. I was completely wrong. So completely wrong. And I'm so completely thankful for that. I couldn't get enough of the story and wish it didn't have to end! I will try to read other books in the series. It was amazing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment