Saturday, February 8, 2020

Review: Making You Mine

Making You Mine Making You Mine by Melissa Foster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Knox and Aubrey have been hooking up for a few years. They met at an event and the connection they felt was strong. Knox is getting tired of just constantly hooking up with Aubrey. He's ready to make their relationship official. He finds that Aubrey is very reluctant and unwilling to move to the next step. Not wanting to let that discourage him, he makes it a point to do everything in his power to win her over.

When I first started reading this, I was like oh here we go. Let's see how fast we can predict this. Should we expect to see this on Hallmark? I found myself being pleasantly surprised. It wasn't a cheesy story at all. It was very well written and wholesome. It's the kind of book that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. It gives you hope on things that seem impossible. I think this is the fifth book in a series. I haven't read the first four books, but if they are just as adorable as this book, I fully plan to.

I know that Aubrey should be this unlikeable person. She refuses to be in a relationship because she's afraid that it will distract her from her business. It's easy to understand her point of view. She has so many successful people in her family. Even though her family is proud of her as she is, she still feels this sense of pressure. It's completely understandable. Knox is just so sweet. He's not perfect by any means, but he's amazing and is completely perfect for Aubrey. I loved both of their families and the people they work with. I wish I could have gotten to know them a bit more.

This book was narrated by Andi Arndt and Jason Clarke. They did a pretty amazing job. I am trying to remember if I have listened to anything else they have done. It's hard to keep track. I do find that I listen to many audiobooks. It seems to increase as time goes on. I can say I'm so impressed with their performance that I'm willing to listen to others that they perform. I would listen to both solo and duo performances from them.

I misjudged this book very horrible. It makes me feel bad. I stuck with it anyways. I'm glad I did. It was a very amazingly short and sweet book. It's wholesome and hilarious. It's hard not to read the book and root for Knox and empathize with Aubrey. I could see this being a very adorable mini-series or movie in the future. I think I should go back and read the first four books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment