Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Review: Been There, Married That

Been There, Married That Been There, Married That by Gigi Levangie Grazer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Agnus has the perfect life. Her husband is a successful producer. She's launching her own career as a writer. Then things start unraveling. It starts with a trickle that turns into a downpour. Her husband doesn't show up to her book launch party. If that isn't enough, she comes home to find that she's been locked out of and barred from her home. From there, things just get more and more overwhelming.

I found this book absolutely hilarious! For those who are expecting something more serious, this book won't be for them. It's full of satire. I feel like it's meant to be a parody of sorts. I found the book very fast paced, but easy to get into and understand. I had many "wow" moments. I knew when I saw the cover and title that I'd love it. It wasn't what I expected, but it's still worth a read. For those who love books with a lot of comic relief, this book is definitely worth it!

I'm going to start with the obvious here. Agnus. She's just amazingly quirky. She has this ability to let almost anything slide off her. She just keeps going. That is until you try to come between her and her daughter. Then, it's on. Her sister Finn was pretty hilarious as well! I have to say her and the daughter were my favorite two characters in the entire book. I was sad I didn't get to see more of the daughter and the husband. All of the characters of this book were AMAZING.

This book was narrated by Amy McFadden. One of my all time favorite narrators of all time! She's amazing! Once I found out she narrated it, I knew it would be worth listening to! So I jumped at the opportunity to get it on audio. Not that actually reading it isn't worth it. It's just that when you love a narrator, you want to hear them read it!

While this may not be a serious book, it's definitely worth the read. It's full of drama and chaos. It's also full of all kinds of references to pop culture. Some of which are taken way out of context. Which makes it even more hilarious. I enjoyed this book more than I can even explain!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment