Monday, February 10, 2020

Review: Longbourn: Dragon Entail: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

Longbourn: Dragon Entail: A Pride and Prejudice Variation Longbourn: Dragon Entail: A Pride and Prejudice Variation by Maria Grace
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Longbourn has decided that Elizabeth will marry Collins. To ensure this happens, he sends Pemberly and Darcy away. He feels that her attachment to them will prevent her from doing what he wishes. If that isn't enough, her father completely insists that she honor the marriage as well. Elizabeth is feeling completely overwhelmed and she's starting to become afraid of Longbourn.

I was trying to figure out how the author was going to go with this series. I loved Pride and Prejudice. I was very impressed with the retelling of this. I loved how creative the author was. I loved that she put exact word for word scenes from the original. It was impressive. I think even Jane Austen herself would have been impressed. I loved the first book and I loved the second as well!

I kind of wanted to smack Elizabeth in this one. She was being a little stubborn. I get it though. Nobody bothered to tell her that Darcy and Pemberly were banished. Poor Pemberly! I just couldn't handle how much pain that poor baby was in! I am also very impressed with how Darcy is portrayed in this. He's just so dreamy!

This book was narrated by Benjamin Fife. This is only the second book I've listened to by him, but I'm totally hooked. He's got amazing talent! If I had a lot of money, I would go and buy every single book he's narrated. I will plan to buy them when I can. Narrators are great. They are. The ones that go the extra mile for our entertainment are AMAZING. He's one of those. He has quickly been added to my favorites list. Hands down.

I really can't' wait to see where the rest of this series goes. It's such a creative take on a classic that we all love. Like I said before, I believe that Jane Austen herself would even love it. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. I'm just so in love with it! I fully recommend this unique retelling!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment