Thursday, February 6, 2020

Review: Forgotten Soul

Forgotten Soul Forgotten Soul by Cheryllynn Dyess
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Angel Of Faith has defied God. He thought he was doing the right thing, but was reprimanded heavily. He was to live a thousand lifetimes until his faith in God has been restored. Skyler has been hired at a pretty amazing job. Everything seems perfect until he meets his boss.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a little choppy and hard to get into at first. I wish that there was a chapter somewhere explaining some of the previous lifetimes. Just kind of like a synopsis or whatever. That's just me though. I'm a curious being. I also totally misinterpreted this cover. I was convinced there would be some story about Indians somewhere.

I really enjoyed the characters in this book. Skyler seemed pretty interesting. Not somebody I could relate to fully, but I definitely connected to him and understood him. I feel like I related a bit more to Josiah than anybody in this book. Not fully, but in a way. I'd of loved to see more wit and humor through the dialogue.

This was a pretty interesting read. Had I not had to set it down, I would have probably finished it in one sitting. Probably in about an hour or two. There are some things I wish had been drawn out a bit more and enhanced, but that's just because I am in love with long novels. This book was amazing. I really did enjoy it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment