Sunday, February 2, 2020

Review: Capturing the Devil

Capturing the Devil Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Audrey Rose is in America. She's planning for Thomas' birthday and anticipating her father and aunt coming so that they can get her father's blessing to marry. In the midst of the chaos and planning, women start getting murdered and it would seem that everything Audrey Rose thought she knew was wrong. Only her brother's journals can help her find the answers she needs to take the devil down once and for all.

Why does this series have to be over? I don't want it to be. I want to read about Wadsworth and Cresswell for years and years! I want to know all about their future! I'm so not good with endings! I really did enjoy this series. I've been curious about them for ages. I didn't think I'd ever muster up the courage to actually get around to reading them. I'm glad I did. I was convinced I'd say that it wasn't up to the hype. I can't. It actually is more than the hype.

I fell in love with Wadsworth and Cresswell. They have to be some of my favorite characters of all time. However, there are quite a few amazing characters in this series. We have Audrey Rose's cousin, Liza. Then there is the wonderful duo, Daciana, Thomas' sister, and Ileana. The uncle is a pretty powerful character, but the consistency of his behavior is a little weird.

This book was narrated by Nicola Barber. I wound up listening to the audiobook due to some time issues. The narrator was fantastic. I wound up buying the rest of the series that I can go back and listen to them all one day. I'm not sure how to describe the voice acting without sounding a bit cliche. I fully recommend everybody give the narrator a chance. I'll be listening to other books by this narrator in the future.

I'm really sad to be done with this series. It's going to be hard to say goodbye to these characters. I'll probably go back and reread the series again in the future. By probably, I mean I definitely will. Probably more than once. Like I've said, I was curious about this series for a long time. I was afraid to give it a try. I'm glad I finally broke down and did!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment