Saturday, November 30, 2019

Review: Stalking Jack the Ripper

Stalking Jack the Ripper Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Audrey Rose is passionate about forensic science. Her uncle has decided to let her apprentice because she has the mind for it. She has to go against her father's wishes since he's completely against it. In the midst of her studies, a career murderer starts murdering prostitutes in the area. She becomes determined to track down and catch the killer.

I really enjoyed this story. Yes, I'm aware that the author took some liberties with the facts in the story. She stated it in her Author's Note in the back of the book. Her owning up to it and explaining why is good enough for me. It's a fictional story. It's meant to be mostly fiction. The fact that some historical facts, people, and events are in it is pretty cool in itself.

I really adored Audrey Rose. She is fiery and fierce. She knows exactly what she wants to do and she's willing to risk everything to prove that she's good at it and that her gender doesn't change that. Thomas is a pretty amazing character too. He's witty. He reminds me of Adrian from Vampire Academy or Logan from Gilmore Girls. He's irritating but so adorable.

I've been wanting to read this book for an amazingly long time. It was ten times better than I thought it would be. I thought it would be amazing. I wasn't expecting it to be amazing AND thrilling. I wasn't expecting to grow an attachment to the characters. I definitely didn't expect to read the rest of the series. It's amazing!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment