Sunday, November 3, 2019

Review: The Plus Ones

The Plus Ones The Plus Ones by Kayley Loring
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Roxy and Keaton wind up kissing at their friends' wedding. They were both feeling lonely. For some reason, it goes wrong and they wind up having a very strained relationship afterward. Until they are forced to spend an entire week together at a couple's resort when one of the three couples is forced to back out at the last minute.

I thought this book would be so insanely cringeworthy that it wasn't even funny. What I didn't expect is that it was incredibly sassy and hilarious. Both Roxy and Keaton are just so adorable. I'm also very much in love with the cover if I may say so. Both of the cover models are very very attractive!

The narrators were great. I'm not sure if I've listened to anything by Mackenzie Cartwright or Teddy Hamilton before. To be fair, I do listen to a lot of audiobooks. I can say that even if I haven't, I will listen to more audiobooks by them in the future. Cartwright has this very sassy and alluring voice, and I'm pretty sure I have a voice crush on Hamilton. Is that a thing?

I read this book because I was recommended it. I'm glad that I did. It's not the cheesy love story type thing you think it would be. It's very witty and hilarious. It's realistic and down to earth. It also has quite a few nice and steamy parts. I gushed over it. I didn't realize there were other books set in this world. I'll be getting my hands on them soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment