Thursday, November 14, 2019

Review: The Game You Play

The Game You Play The Game You Play by L.A. Cotton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Senior year has finally come. Felicity has everything all planned out where her future is concerned. She decides to let loose and make a list of things she would normally never do. Everything is going smoothly until Jason happens. Jason chooses not to let anybody in. He sees having a relationship as a distraction that will get in the way of him going pro. He's all set to win state and to get into the college of his dreams when Felicity happens.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved that this wasn't the stand-alone type series where the characters played their part in previous books and barely grace this one. The author found a way to tell the story but keep all the characters in the story and keep them as relevant as the first book. I was thrilled by that.

The characters of the book were pretty incredible and credible. You have the star player, Jason, who you just really can't stand regardless of his intentions. The darling Felicity who struggles between obligation and cutting loose. Can't forget the daring, bold, and mouthy Asher. I believe he'll be starring in the third book. I could list off all the characters, but that will be a book on its own. They were great. I'm not ashamed to admit that Asher is my favorite.

I get to talk about the narrators. I'll start off by saying that Sarah Puckett and Wen Ross are two of my absolute favorite narrators of all time. I have other favorites, but yeah. I will listen to any audiobooks that these two narrate. Even if the genre isn't in my comfort zone. Their voices are just so hypnotic and alluring. They are also quite relaxing as well. I can't get enough of them.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story. I didn't think I'd enjoy it at first. I really couldn't stand Jason in the first book. Not even a little bit. So I was like UGH! Not him! Anybody but him! Come on! It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm really glad I gave it a chance. I fully recommend this book and the first.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment