Sunday, November 24, 2019

Review: Blood Lust

Blood Lust Blood Lust by Grace White
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Updated Review:

Celeste has been hiding her true identity so she can live life as a normal human. She also has a blood spell on her to disguise her appearance from the paranormals. The spell is only meant to last until her 18th birthday, but a tragedy keeps them from removing the spell and telling her the truth about herself. That is until she is approached while out and about one night by Gage.

This is my third time reading it and I was just as entranced by it as the first time around. I absolutely loved the story and the characters. I realize now that my previous review did no justice to this book at all. I'm thankful for the chance to redeem myself. I read the first two already, but I decided to reread them in honor of finally being able to read the third book.

Celeste is an amazing heroine. She's strong and independent, but she cares about the people around her. I really liked Gage too. He reminds me of Eric from the Sookie Stackhouse series (True Blood for those who have only watched the show). Laken is everything you would expect from a wolf shifter. He's fierce and loyal. My favorite would have to be Lucas the fairy. He's so witty and charming. I absolutely adore him.

I believe this is the very first book I ever heard by the narrator, Sarah Puckett. I absolutely fell in love with her voice. I've since listened to many other books that she has narrated. She's become one of my favorite narrators of all time. She's one of the best. I hope one day to become as amazing of a narrator as she is. I fully recommend anything that she does.

I so enjoyed this book. I know this is my third time reading this, but I have a feeling that it will not be my last time reading it. I also would love to get my hand on other books by this author. I can't think of anything to compare this book to, but it really stands well on its own. It's funny and dark and witty. I love it.

Original Review:

I took one look at this cover and just knew I would love it. I was not wrong. The characters are amazing. The story is amazing. I am glad that I chose to go with my gut reaction to this book. So far, it has not to lead me wrong. My best correlation I can give about this book is True Blood. Except the main character is a witch.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment