Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Review: Punishing His Ward

Punishing His Ward Punishing His Ward by Golden Angel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wesley was requested to come home by his mother. His ward was extremely out of hand. If he didn't get her under control soon, she will ruin not only her name but his mother's as well. He must find a way to keep her in line and untainted. He must also resist the temptation of wanting her while he finds someone to marry her off to.

This isn't the best of the three, but I really enjoyed it all the same. I really love how the author takes adds new main characters to the story but maintains the ones from previous books as well. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I preferred to read them all in order. I may not have fully missed anything, but there are things I wouldn't have fully understood had I read them out of order.

While I can't say I identify with any of the characters in the book, I adore them. I connect well with them. Well, I connect more with the women than the men. It's really hard to explain. In some ways, I feel the men in the books are a little weird. Maybe that's how they were in that time period.

I really enjoyed the narrator. She narrated the first two books as well. S. Kitten narrated the book. It seems she narrated the whole series from what I'm understanding. She has a very perfect voice for the time period in which this book takes place. I can't really explain that either. She's just very proper and sophisticated. I'd definitely listen to other audiobooks by her.

I really don't care for this genre that much. Not that I have anything against it. It's just not really my thing. However, Golden Angel makes me want to read her books anyway. She's very talented. I've come out of my comfort zone so much listening to her books. I'm glad I did. It's amazing to see exceptions to the rule.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment