Sunday, November 3, 2019

Review: The Plus Ones

The Plus Ones The Plus Ones by Kayley Loring
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Roxy and Keaton wind up kissing at their friends' wedding. They were both feeling lonely. For some reason, it goes wrong and they wind up having a very strained relationship afterward. Until they are forced to spend an entire week together at a couple's resort when one of the three couples is forced to back out at the last minute.

I thought this book would be so insanely cringeworthy that it wasn't even funny. What I didn't expect is that it was incredibly sassy and hilarious. Both Roxy and Keaton are just so adorable. I'm also very much in love with the cover if I may say so. Both of the cover models are very very attractive!

I think I have made it obvious that I really adore Keaton and Roxy. I can't say they are the best characters of all time. There were times that both of them grated on my nerves now and then. Especially Roxy. She kind of got a little snobbish sometimes. I do wish that there were more of the secondary characters in the book than there were. A little more interactions with them, if you will.

The narrators were great. I'm not sure if I've listened to anything by Mackenzie Cartwright or Teddy Hamilton before. To be fair, I do listen to a lot of audiobooks. I can say that even if I haven't, I will listen to more audiobooks by them in the future. Cartwright has this very sassy and alluring voice, and I'm pretty sure I have a voice crush on Hamilton. Is that a thing?

I read this book because I was recommended it. I'm glad that I did. It's not the cheesy love story type thing you think it would be. It's very witty and hilarious. It's realistic and down to earth. It also has quite a few nice and steamy parts. I gushed over it. I didn't realize there were other books set in this world. I'll be getting my hands on them soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment