Sunday, August 25, 2019

Review: Phoenix

Phoenix Phoenix by Jessica Wayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm going to be completely honest and state that I wasn't fully feeling this book once I first started it. I was underwhelmed with the storyline and lack of details. A lot of it felt brushed over. I kept reading though. I'm glad I did. I fell in love with the story. I can't wait to read the rest.

If it weren't for such amazing character development, I wouldn't have given this story a real chance. And that's sad because this wound up being a pretty amazing story. The characters, especially the main two, were so easy to connect with. There were a few characters that I wish had a bigger role, but maybe they will in future books!

The narrator was the other reason I didn't put this book down. She has incredible talent. I was pulled into the story and the emotions because of her. I hope she goes on to narrate the rest of the series. I also look forward to listening to more books narrated by her.

All in all, it was a great story. I may not have enjoyed it at the beginning, but I warmed up to it immensely. I fully recommend this book and look forward to reading the rest of the series. I'd love to find people who have also read this book to talk about it with them.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment