Thursday, August 29, 2019

Review: Ian

Ian Ian by A.S. Kelly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I feel like this had the potential to be a very powerful story. And, in ways, it really was. There were some very prominent parts that kept it from reaching its full potential. I do want to say that I really enjoyed the fact that it was told in two different perspectives. I do feel like there were places that the writing gets a little rushed.

I wanted to like the characters. I really did. I mean you have to feel for somebody that has a troubled past and just keeps on going. It's a given. There are people that have the strength of many but never show how much they hurt. That's the two main characters! It's just that they get so childish and unbearable! Maybe I'm just being a stickler and over-analyzing.

The narrators were okay. I really enjoyed the female narrator. She did a terrific job. The male narrator just kind of seemed a bit bored with the narration. It felt like he was very choppy or like he was talking through a tunnel. He did have a very nice voice, though.

I did enjoy this book. I can't say it was a favorite. I'm debating on continuing the series. It seems like it's more of a stand-alone series than an actual series. I reiterate what I said. It is a story that has a lot of potential. It was a nice read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment