Saturday, January 25, 2020

Review: Pemberley: Mr. Darcy's Dragon

Pemberley: Mr. Darcy's Dragon Pemberley: Mr. Darcy's Dragon by Maria Grace
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The beloved Pride And Prejudice is retold in a very unique way. Some of our beloved classical characters can hear dragons. They can also communicate with dragons. Every estate has a dragon keeper. Mr. Darcy is in major trouble. Somebody has stolen a dragon egg from his estate. He must find the egg before it hatches.

I am so happy I stumbled upon this book! I love Pride and Prejudice. I read the book at least five times. To the best of my knowledge. I love retellings. I still have many to read, but the ones I have read are great. Especially ones from classical books. I was impressed with the fact that direct quotes from the original book are put in this book. It adds to the story in my opinion.

I obviously love all the characters from Pride and Prejudice. I loved that the dragons in this book had such amazing personalities! It was quite impressive. I'm a sucker for sarcastic characters and animals that are given personalities in books! I have always related to Mary out of the five daughters. I feel like she didn't have enough of a role in the book. That's just my opinion.

This book was narrated by Benjamin Fife. He did a pretty impressive job. I was NOT prepared for the very high pitched voices that he gave the dragons. Well, the fairy dragons. I was impressed. I don't think I could have pitched that if I tried! I'm almost certain that I haven't listened to any books he's narrated before. I'm willing to listen to more.

I'm so glad that I found this book! It's definitely a book that I can classify as I didn't know I needed until I found it. I noticed that this book is the first book in a series! I am here for this! I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I definitely fell in love with this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment