Sunday, January 5, 2020

Review: Dead Until Dark

Dead Until Dark Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sookie Stackhouse has been looking forward to meeting a vampire since they came out to the public. She finally gets her wish after two long years. A vampire comes into the bar she works at out of nowhere. Sadly, a vampire showing up isn't the only thing new thing that happens. Women who have been with vampires start getting murdered.

I really enjoyed this book. It's not my first time reading it, but I read the series out of order the first time I read it. It was very embarrassing for me. I always vowed that I would go back and read the series in order. I have a few books at the end to read that I never read. I have a feeling that I will see this series completely differently this time around. I may even be ready to watch the show.

I'm not really sure I can actively give my opinion on the character. I have read nine books in the series. Out of order, yes, but enough to have an opinion of these characters that don't pertain to this book. I can say that I don't really like how Sookie is portrayed in the beginning of the book. She's portrayed as really stupid. Then, later in the book, she gets huffy if it's thought she's stupid. It just seems contradictory.

Running behind on schedule, I wound up listening to the audiobook. I got a deal because I owned the ebook. I love those deals. The narrator did a pretty amazing job. The book was narrated by Johanna Parker. I love how authentic she sounded to what I pictured of the book/series. I once listened to a book from a series that I love. I was disappointed to find that the person who narrated the book just didn't fit my idea of the narration of the story. Not that she wasn't good. She just didn't fit in my opinion. That wasn't the case with this one. She was AMAZING!

I'm glad that I took the time to re-read this book. I'm glad I'm finally getting the chance to read this series in order. I'm also looking forward to reading the last few books in the series. There were quite a few things that I had forgotten about the book. Including the fact that it had a slow start in my opinion. It's been an amazing read. I'll probably read it again in the future.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment