Monday, January 6, 2020

Review: Escaping from Houdini

Escaping from Houdini Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Audrey Rose and Thomas are on their way to America. They are treated to a carnival show on the way to their destination. Everything is going great until a young lady who is at the same table as Audrey Rose and Thomas is murdered. If a murder on the ship with the potential of other murders isn't bad enough, Audrey Rose finds that her cousin has gone missing.

I really enjoyed this book a lot. If I'm being honest, I was fully expecting the series to go downhill. I expected to like the rest of the series but wonder why they existed. That has not been the case so far. All of them have been amazing in their own way. What I love best is the fact that the author is so creative. She does her research fully. Yes, she embellishes some things, but she owns up to that. It's absolutely brilliant.

I still feel like I relate fully to Audrey Rose. I feel like there are times she's completely robotic. I think that's because she's torn between what she really wants and society's rules. By this point, I fully expect hilarious wit from Thomas. I am never disappointed in that regard. I really do wish there were more interactions with the Uncle and Mrs. Harvey. I also wish they had more interactions with each other. It's like they exist in the same areas but they don't really interact. It's weird.

I won't say this is my favorite book of the series, but I enjoyed it very much. I am looking forward to reading the next one. I'm not sure if it's the final book. I really hope it isn't. I have enjoyed this series very much. It has quickly become one of my favorite series of all time. I promise it's for more reason than just the witty Thomas.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment