Monday, January 6, 2020

Review: Orphan X

Orphan X Orphan X by Gregg Hurwitz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Evan isn't your normal man. He's more commonly known as nowhere man. If somebody is in trouble, all they have to do is call a number that they are given by somebody else who was in trouble in the past. He comes in and saves the day, so to speak. Everything is going smoothly for him until somebody starts hunting him. They use his need to protect people against him to lure him out. Soon he discovers he's not the only Orphan left.

I enjoyed this story a lot more than I thought I would. I knew I'd enjoy it. It kind of gave off a Dean Koontz kind of vibe. It's not really as dark as I would picture a Dean Koontz book. It's very well written. I wound up getting a credit to it to listen to it on audio as well. Thank goodness for doing that. I had a headache so I couldn't read, so I wound up listening to audio most of today.

I'm not really sure if I can give an accurate description of all of the characters. With the exception of Evan himself. He's like Agent 47 from the Hitman series. That's the parallels I was drawing through the book. I can't wait to see more of him through the rest of the series. To see what he gets into as the series progresses.

This book was narrated by Scott Brick. He did a pretty amazing job with it. I'm almost sure that my cat was listening to the audiobook as well. I'd shout out names of people I thought were about to die and he'd have an alarmed look on his face. I mean I could be wrong, but who knows?

I wouldn't say I had high expectations of this book. I also wouldn't say that my expectations were low either. I thought I'd enjoy it. I didn't know that I would LOVE it and crave more. I'm glad I did. I can't wait to proceed with the rest of the series. I know that book five will be coming out later this month. Maybe I'll have the first four done before then so I'm ready for it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment