Monday, January 13, 2020

Review: The Complete Sun-Blessed Trilogy

The Complete Sun-Blessed Trilogy The Complete Sun-Blessed Trilogy by Carol Beth Anderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Tavi is born facing the sun. This is a great honor in her world. What's even more amazing is that she's fully blessed. Something that has never happened before. Even being born twice blessed is rare. People live with the restrictions of their gifts until somebody discovers a way to remove the restriction. An army is built and the government is overthrown.

This is a pretty interesting portrayal of good versus evil. I really enjoyed it a lot. The first two were a little underwhelming to me, but I didn't have a problem with it. I still enjoyed the story. I just felt like it was missing something that I couldn't quite explain.

The author narrated the trilogy. She did a pretty fantastic job. I was very impressed. For a while, I was convinced she was the narrator for another series I listened to and loved. Sadly, I have discovered that she was not the same narrator. I'd listen to other audiobooks she narrates. Even if it's other author's work.

While this wasn't my favorite trilogy of all time, I still enjoyed it very much. I have reviews for each book posted individually. I feel like they are better detailed than this review is. I do better at individual reviews than trilogy/series reviews. I do highly recommend this trilogy for those who like chosen one and good versus evil stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment