Saturday, September 7, 2019

Review: Waiting for Aegina

Waiting for Aegina Waiting for Aegina by Effie Kammenou
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book continues from Evanthia's Gift. Both books were incredibly beautiful. They follow Greek families that become one big family over time. The story covers many generations growing up. It highlights the good moments and the bad moments. The beautiful and the heartbreak. It's one of the most real and emotionally gripping stories I've ever followed. I am so ready to continue with book three.

I don't even know where to begin talking about the characters. They were all so beautiful. It's hard not to develop a connection to each and every one of them. As you follow their lives, you see each one for better or worse. You see them at their lowest and their highest. It's really beautiful. I couldn't get enough.

I was impressed with the Narrator was well. She did a fantastic job. It was very obvious that she was just into the story as I was. I'm convinced that the emotions in her voice actually pulled me into the story more than I already was. That's saying a lot. She did great in the first book as well.

I really enjoyed this book. As somebody who had a broken family, it was so beautiful to see this big beautiful family always there for each other when you need it. It's kind of like a fairy tale to me since I don't know what it's like to have family like that. Not only that, but this book is so educational. I've learned so much about the Greek culture because of these books. They even have some nice recipes scattered through the books. I'll definitely be trying them.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment