Friday, September 13, 2019

Review: Grist Mill Road

Grist Mill Road Grist Mill Road by Christopher J. Yates
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I will start this review out by saying that this book will not be for everybody. It has very dark undertones. It also discusses very heavy subjects. I believe these days they would say that this book needs "trigger warnings". As an Empath, these books are very hard for me, but I push through because I want to understand. I will always want to understand what makes people do the things they do. The good and the bad. I enjoyed this book very much.

There are three parts of the book. Each of the main characters has their own part in the book. It explains the event that took place from their perspective. I can't say that I connected with any of the three without giving away major parts of the story. I can say that there is power in perspective and leave it at that.

Despite how heavy and depressing this book tended to get, I really did enjoy the story. It was definitely a book I wanted answers to. My advice is to keep reading. Unless it's just too hard to keep going. It's okay to put a book down if it's too hard. This is definitely a book that things aren't always what they seem. I can't say much more than that without giving it away.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment