Thursday, September 26, 2019

Review: The Help

The Help The Help by Callie Rose
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this story much more than I thought I would. I was recommended it by somebody I trust well. So I thought, why not? I had my reservations due to a book I had thought was similar. It wasn't anything like that book though. It also wasn't as harsh as I thought it was going to be either. People always say don't judge a book by its cover, but it should really be said that we shouldn't judge a book by preconceived notions as well. Though I should note the cover is absolutely gorgeous!

The characters were pretty amazing too. Harlow was an inspiration. Her mother was as well. I don't understand why they didn't feel it important to tell everybody about Harlow's past with cancer. But maybe they felt it wasn't important. I wish we could have seen more of the "kings". I'd of even liked to get their points of view in many parts of this story.

The narrator was very impressive. I feel she drew me into the story more than I already was. I'm not sure if I've ever listened to her before. I will give anything she narrates a chance in the future. I loved how emotions just seeped through her voice during the highly emotional parts. It definitely played on my own emotions. I can't lie.

This book was amazing. I'm ashamed to say that I judged it wrongly. I thought it would be nothing but one cringe after another. I won't state the speculations and predictions I had about the book. I'm afraid it will make a person leery to read the book. Just know that they were wrong. And I'm happy about that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment