Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Review: City of the Lost

City of the Lost City of the Lost by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Casey survives a horrible event that not many people have. She's a survivor. She makes a decision that puts her and everybody she cares about in danger. To top it off, her closest friend is in danger due to her abusive ex. Together, they flee to a small town where people go to disappear. But the town isn't as amazing as appears to be. People keep turning up dead.

I really loved this book. It had a bit of a slow start and I almost put it down, but I decided to stick with it. The main character was pretty amazing. The book also had a very memorable opening line as well. I'm glad I stuck with it. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. If a reader finds the beginning slow, I fully recommend they keep reading. It'll be worth it.

The only problem I have with this book is the tense changes in some parts of the book. It doesn't really affect the flow. For that reason, it doesn't affect my rating of the book itself. I can't think of anything else I find wrong with this book at all. It was a pretty good book.

I was very impressed with this book. It's very unique. I am very curious about the rest of the series. I personally see this as a stand-alone book, but I love a good series. I'm the type that reads a series from beginning to end. Even when other readers have become bored with a series. I fully recommend this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment