Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Review: Lean Mean Thirteen

Lean Mean Thirteen Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Stephanie's ex-husband goes missing. With their colorful history, Stephanie is left as the number one suspect. On her journey to prove her innocence, she stumbles upon multiple bodies. What seems like a straightforward case suddenly gets very messy very fast.

I enjoyed this novel very much. It was different than the rest of the Plum novels. There were some characters that played more of a role in this novel than they have in previous ones. Including Dickie Orr. If Evanovich was trying to portray him as a slimy weasel, she did a great job. It was very impressive.

There were a few factors I didn't like about this novel. There were many parts that seemed to fall flat for me. It didn't bring the normal humor to the story that the previous novels have. Also, there were certain characters that just didn't have the flair they normally have. Joyce being the biggest one. She seemed very tame and mild in this one.

I still enjoyed this story very much. While I would have liked for it to be packed with more humor and suspense, it was very well written. Just like all the rest of the novels. Evanovich is a talented writer who shows her passion in her words and descriptions. I fully recommend this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment