Friday, March 15, 2019

Introductions




My name is Nicole. My pen name is Willow Star Serenity. It's a name that really means a lot to me. I am a book lover, but I am so much more than that. I have shows that I'm rather addicted to. I have fur babies that I love dearly. I have a boyfriend of going on six years. My life isn't perfect. But really, who's is? I have depression, anxiety, PTSD, and ADHD. I should be medicated, but I choose to make it a personal goal to do whatever it takes to overcome my obstacles every day.




So I guess I'll start out with my love of reading. I've been reading since I was four years old. I didn't love reading at first. I just read when I had to. My mom made a rule when I was in elementary school that I couldn't watch a movie unless I read the book first. Obviously, this didn't apply to movies that didn't come from books, but you get me. I HATED this rule. Until I started practicing it. Then I realized I actually enjoyed the story more than I did the movie more often than not. The more I read, the more I wanted to read.




Just because I read often, doesn't mean that's all I do though. Through the years, I have been hooked on many television shows. The very first show I got fully invested in was Gilmore Girls. I'd watched many shows before this, of course. Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, etc. But I wanted to watch every single episode of Gilmore Girls the moment it aired. The irony was, I wasn't going to watch it at first. I thought it was going to be a stupid show. Needless to say, I was very wrong. These days, I watch shows like Criminal Minds, CSI, NCIS, Big Bang Theory, and Chopped. I record shows now rather than watch them live.




I love to listen to music and watch movies, but I really have to be in the mood for either. So both activities are ones that I rarely participate in. I mainly only listen to music when I'm really depressed and find that I'm swallowed by a hole of darkness. It helps me find my way to light again. Not many people really know that about me.




I can't think of anything else to state about myself without boring everybody to tears. I love animals. I have some amazing fur babies that are my world, but I love all animals. If I could take care of dozens of animals, I would. I know that I can't though and it wouldn't be fair to the animals. I find that I connect better to animals than I do people. People tend to terrify me.





Well, that's all I can think about me. I'm sure that more of my personality and interests will flow in my future blogs. While this blog may be mainly book related, it's going to be about my thoughts and feelings. I may write every day or every now and then. It really depends on if I have something I want to talk about or not. I hope you enjoy my blog and that I don't bore you too much. I appreciate you taking the time to read it.

**Important Disclaimer: The last two pictures are mine. The rest of them have been found on the internet and belong to somebody else entirely.**

No comments:

Post a Comment