Saturday, June 3, 2023

Review: Unseelie

Unseelie Unseelie by Ivelisse Housman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a fantasy book written by a wonderful author who has been diagnosed with autism. They portrayed their main character with a lot of autistic traits. While the term autistic isn't really a thing in the book, it's still represented quite clearly. I fell so much for this book that I wound up buying an audiobook copy to listen to at a later time. I also bought my mom a copy. If I could afford to, I'd buy all my friends copies of the book. It really resonated deeply with me. I also loved the fantasy of it all as well. I'm happy that it's a duology. I'm looking forward to being able to read the second book when it's released. The moment I can preorder it, I'm going to. I fully recommend this book for its beautiful story and for its representation. I know i focused more on the representation here, but the story was pretty amazing too. Especially the relationship between the sisters. It's so inspiring! The cover is gorgeous too. Just saying.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment